After banning the most popular short-video making app TikTok, among 58 other Chinese apps in India, Instagram has introduced TikTok-like feature REELS in India to target users who love making short videos. This came a day after the Indian Government banned TikTok in India. This feature is now live on Instagram and users can use it to make and share short videos just like that on TikTok.
Reels is a short video making tool on Instagram which is based on TikTok’s content creation model. Reportedly, this feature is also being tested in three other countries, France, Brazil, and Germany. This feature is integrated within the Instagram app allows users to record, edit, and share a 15-second video in their Instagram account.
The Facebook-owned photo and video sharing platform Instagram claims that videos make up for over one-third of the posts on the platform in India, out of which, around 45 percent are 15 seconds or less. Additionally, the social media service also noticed a huge demand in the live streaming of videos since the pandemic hit.
Read Also– Top 10 Smartphones Under 15000 With Best Camera Quality (July 2020)
Instagram may introduce more new features in its upcoming app update.
How to use Reels on Instagram?
- First, open the Instagram app
- Tap on “Camera” option (Top left side) in Instagram
- Click “Reels” at the bottom of the screen
- Record or select video from the phone gallery
- Edit and Share Video.
Features of Instagram Reels
- It has an in-app music track or custom audio feature that lets you record videos with custom audio or in-app music.
- Users will also have the option to speed up or slow down parts of a video.
- It comes with too many Augmented Reality Effects that you can use in your video.
- It also has an ‘Align’ option that will let you maintain your position in front of the camera.
Hashtag #reels is trending in India now. Here you can see the reaction of users on Twitter-